It’s no mystery why Sixx Design is so successful in designing their downtown chic homes in NYC.  The question is, how are they able to do it all with 7 kids?  If gut renovating, designing and flipping houses while raising a HUGE family in NYC is as easy as they make it seem, I think we’d all sign up.  Well, maybe not everyone.. but those who love design and kids!  Robert and Cortney Novogratz have stolen the spotlight on Bravo and have just about EVERYONE raving.  This family is certainly one to admire, with their cool and calm approach to both work and parenting.  I’d hang out with them, work for them and even watch their kids (for a day!).  Who knows..seeing as I live around the corner!  Until then, I can admire their work from afar.  Here are a few of my favorites:

9 Comments to '9 By Design'

Luciana Cazares 23 May 10 at 12:07 pm

I absolutely love this posts and this family! I can relate to operating a business with children….I too have raised my 4 children while being a business owner, designing, remodeling homes, flipping homes, and the ls it goes on …oh, and I have done so as a single parent. The secret in success is no doubt working together as a team. thanks for showcasing this example worthy family.

3 Stinky Boys and Me 23 May 10 at 10:14 pm

I LOVE 9 by design. They are amazing and it’s fun to see some of their other work!

hellolover 23 May 10 at 10:55 pm

Love this show and I’m obsessed with their designs!

with and where 24 May 10 at 8:28 am

Having 2 kids, 2 dogs, a design business and now a new design blog…I am exhausted just thinking about it. But watching 9 by Design makes me feel like wimp! I don’t know how they do it and actually finish awesome projects. Their kids seem so grounded (and cool). Perhaps they should also have parenting classes for the rest of us! This keeps me inspired- Thanks!

jenifer 25 May 10 at 12:55 am

to be honest i love the post except the first photo i didn’t get the theme of it every accessory is of different color and intention, though it is different from all others but can not demolish the beauty of the post.
there is so much cool stuff in it like the kids wall picture, the rug, wine holding shelf and the large clock in the last photo.

Ashley Adams : Postcard Printing 25 May 10 at 9:20 am

I am fascinated about designing, these are very nice designs. being a designer at http://www.psprint.com/postcards i always hunt for design blogs that can inspire me. White has been used so nicely in these designs that it has given me a new way to think about the use of this amazing color, white.

Beth Greene 25 May 10 at 9:22 am

I am absolutely in awe of their talent and Courtney’s cool and calm composure in business and personal life. The show is terrific to watch!

sectional sofas 26 May 10 at 4:49 pm

I was totally blown away by these designs. My favorite is the one with the clear ghost chair and the amazing liquor collection. The clear chair complement the heavy color of the cabinet, lighten up the whole room. and…who wouldn’t like those wine collections. Fabulous!

Ariana 27 May 10 at 12:13 pm

Just wanted to let you all know that I loved some of these rooms so much I posted them on my blog as well – noted you guys for credit, of course! Please check me out at http://www.todaysinspiritations.blogspot.com

Beautiful stuff !

1 Links to '9 By Design'

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Ivana Michalova, Robin Krahling. Robin Krahling said: 9 By Design http://bit.ly/9EJryy […]