Rustic and Chic

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 | Category: Commercial Spaces, Decorating, Design Inspiration

I’ve been noticing a lot of bars and restaurants lately that have that rustic yet chic atmosphere to them and I’m liking what I see/what I’m surrounded by.  From the old fashioned Edison bulbs, to rustic wood paneling, wood floors mixed with the perfect subtle and smooth stones on the bar or the tables, there’s something so calming and inviting about these spaces.  I’ve shared a few of my favorites I’ve been to recently so you can get an idea of what I’m talking about. Enjoy the viewing and definitely visit one if not all of these spots when in NYC.  Not only is the atmosphere delicious but so is the food!

De Santos on W. 10th Street

This garden is my new favorite in the neighborhood

L’Artusi on West 10th Street

This restaurant is a little more chic than rustic but I had to share because I really enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere.  The stripes on the ceiling might be my favorite touch.

Wilfie & Nell on West 4th Street

Smith and Mills on N. Moore Street

Talk about a fabulous garage make-over with coffered ceilings. wow!

Highlands on W. 10th Street

10 Comments to 'Rustic and Chic'

Annie may 04 Aug 10 at 1:42 pm

gorgeous! i love the dark walls and striped ceilings!

Amy Meier 04 Aug 10 at 7:55 pm

What fun spots! I love the warmth that each one embraces. Just wished I lived there so I could check them out!
best,
Amy Meier

Interior Designers 05 Aug 10 at 12:18 am

Amazing stufff…really really great design..i had designed a restaurant based in UK will be uploading pics on my site if they let me do tht…

Down comforter 05 Aug 10 at 9:06 am

LOVE the wall papers of Highlands!!

Susan Graham 19 Dec 10 at 1:38 pm

Wow…love the collection of photos. The interiors are so inspiring…with the right amount Indian and Western decor to be appreciated by all.

Thanks for sharing the photos :))

barn wood furniture 27 Dec 10 at 6:23 am

Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article.Its a romentick article./Wow.. looking good!

Susan Graham

rustic dining tables 06 Jan 11 at 1:44 pm

Great suggestions and examples, especially for a newbie like myself who lacks a natural sense of web design.

Susan Graham

dirod59 07 Apr 11 at 2:18 am

Very interesting subject , appreciate it for putting up.

Mark 23 Sep 11 at 5:25 am

I’ve been to three of these restaurants! I love how they feel rustic and sophisticated at the same time. You’d like http://www.rusticinteriordesign.com . They do interior design with a nod to rustic chic. Great blog, enjoy the day!

travelling blog 29 Apr 12 at 2:10 pm

It is a perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and I like it, however I have a few suggestions, would you mind some constructive critasizm?

1 Links to 'Rustic and Chic'

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Material Girls , Ivana Michalova. Ivana Michalova said: Rustic and Chic: I’ve been noticing a lot of bars and restaurants lately that have that rustic yet chic atmosphere… http://bit.ly/ddLis6 […]