Looking for a change but don’t want to break the bank on this project?  Why not paint the floor in your powder room or or entry hall or guest bedroom or wherever you’re dying to mix things up.  It’s something you can do yourself if you carve out the time and kick your family out of the house for a few days :)   Below are some fun examples of what you can do to make a pretty big statement without having to spend a ton of money.

Get out your stencils, purchase your paint and give your floors the funk they deserve.  You’ll be amazed at how quickly it will change the room and how easy it is to do a quick and cost efficient make-over.

Tags:

14 Comments to 'Time to get funky with your floors'

Debbie - Pink Pig 07 Nov 10 at 6:19 pm

what a fantastic idea… i am off to share this with my painter!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com 07 Nov 10 at 7:08 pm

Beautiful and inspiring.. but let’s all be honest, can we live with it? I am not 100% sure… I think I would start freaking out after it starts to looks old, stained… I am not sure if I would like the patina. :-)

But it’s beautiful… that is! :-)

Luciane at HOMEBUNCH.COM

Kim@Chattafabulous 07 Nov 10 at 8:58 pm

My husband would have a heart attack but I am all in!

Amy Lambert Lee 07 Nov 10 at 9:47 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I can’t compliment you enough on this post! Amazing what you can do with a little paint and a rockin’ stencil….

Sarah Devaney-O'Neil 08 Nov 10 at 7:32 am

Love all the floors but that aqua/teal bathroom floor has stolen my heart! So refreshing & dainty!

Laura Casey Interiors 08 Nov 10 at 10:11 am

These are fantastic! I especially love the brown and white honeycomb. Sunny Goode is a great source for stencils!

Decor Girl 08 Nov 10 at 12:48 pm

Excellent post. Awesome floors. They work and even after you pay the painter – they are way cheaper than a custom rug. Very chic.

escapade 09 Nov 10 at 1:57 pm

These are beautiful! Amazing what you can do with just a little paint!

Diva Den 09 Nov 10 at 3:48 pm

I love the way this looks but I must say, I’d miss the cozy comfort of a nice rug beneath my toes, especially in the winter here in NYC. But I’m sure this would be delightful at a beach house, where you could just sweep up the sand with a broom!

Bob| cabin plans 10 Nov 10 at 3:52 am

Wow, this is funky indeed. The brown and white flooring is great, a bit retro, it goes with the furniture.

Rebecca-NY 11 Nov 10 at 8:33 am

You can always have the rug too! Just make sure your floor and rug coordinate without adding too much chaos to the room. Think of it the same way you would when you’re coordinating fabrics :)

Ada @ New York 11 Nov 10 at 1:28 pm

What GREAT pictures … and ideas! Not too many people feel comfortable taking the leap to paint their floors … but when they do oooh how spectacular they look! Thanks for sharing these pics.

Jessica 02 Dec 10 at 5:02 pm

Yes, it works. Love it, in fact I did in my house in Hawaii…

jayme 05 Dec 10 at 7:34 am

Have you ever painted on carpet?? I have a very dingy carpet in a high traffic area, that i am dying to change! any ideas?

1 Links to 'Time to get funky with your floors'

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Robin Krahling and Scribble Boutique, Ivana Michalova. Ivana Michalova said: Time to get funky with your floors: Looking for a change but don’t want to break the bank on this project?  Why … http://bit.ly/c5FKH7 [...]