One of the best aspects of the bedroom is the bed where you lay your head every night to sleep.  It’s the one thing and the one place you can honestly say you’re going to use every day – hopefully for at least 8 hours.  With that being said, why not make your bed a stylish and comfortable spot to rest and install that upholstered headboard you’ve been dreaming about.  They come in all shapes and sizes and the best part is you can dream up and create your own shape!  If you’re extra crafty and can handle a big project there are all kinds of instructions on the internet that show you how to make your own headboard.  However,  if you know what you want but don’t quite have the patience or the skills- ask your local upholsterer to make it for you.  Take a look at some of the different headboards below and decide which style best fits your head!

Sleep tight!

Tags:

8 Comments to 'Heading in the Right Direction'

Luciane at HomeBunch.com 11 Nov 10 at 1:08 pm

Tell me something.. is there anything more appealing in a house than a bed???

Love them all!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Ann Shumbo 12 Nov 10 at 10:28 am

Oh loved all those rooms. How awesome is that bedroom with the twin beds – loved that table inbetween but I think my favorite is the blue bedroom with the vintage white washed cabinets and blue lamps. They are all so scrumptious – make’s me realize I need a headboard.

Brooke Jones, Allied ASID 12 Nov 10 at 11:31 am

I die over the first one. That citron-green color is my new favorite! Check out the bedroom I designed using that same color, based on a Louis Vuitton runway look:

Angie 13 Nov 10 at 7:33 am

Love, love!! Terrific post, girls. I’m a big fan of splurging on sheets/pillows/dressing for the bed, too. With so much of our lives spent in it, it’s worth a few more bucks to sleep in the lap of luxury!

Are you kidding? 8 hours of sleep? I’m already happy if I make it to at least 6 hours.
Anyway, love all bedrooms shown here. Every single one has it’s own great style and beauty.

Lisa 15 Nov 10 at 1:07 pm

Is their any place to buy these ready made?

Rebecca-NY 15 Nov 10 at 9:11 pm

you can look for pre-made upholstered headboards just about anywhere online!

Karen 15 Mar 11 at 10:28 am

We’ve seen some fun and exciting upholstered headboards from Christopher Guy!