Office Space

Monday, March 07, 2011 | Category: Commercial Spaces, Decorating, Home Office

I’m currently looking for inexpensive office space in NYC which is next to impossible, but as I look around I begin to fantasize about how I would decorate the space (which would most likely be tiny).  There’s a fine line between the things you need (things that will actually make your office function properly) and the things you want (chandeliers, window treatments, a trendy desk and expensive art work).  So if you could design your own office and money was no issue, what would you do to the space?  I found a few offices/work spaces that I love and would probably take a little piece of each of them to create my own dream space.

An over the top design by Jonathan Adler that makes you want to create a gallery wall with all kinds of mixed media

Bunny Williams work space at home.  Things that make you go hmmm (love, love, love!)

The lacquered bookshelves and ceiling are to die for

A simple system at home with lots of shelving and storage!

An artists/decorators dream

A modern approach that’s sleek and clean

Go bold or go home!

There are so many things you can do to your office to create a fun and inviting space.  Just because it’s your office doesn’t mean is has to be blah.  The more fun you have with it, the more excited you’ll be to go to work every day!

16 Comments to 'Office Space'

interior designer chicago 07 Mar 11 at 4:55 pm

wow absolutely love the office! What awesome inspiration to give a dull room a fresh new look with some interesting SPARK!

Gina @ Temporary Nest 07 Mar 11 at 7:26 pm

I just found you guys and I am already in L.O.V.E. This might be the most excited about finding a blog that I have been in a WHILE! YAY! <3

I love Bunny Williams work space at home and the artist/decorators dream. All of the office/work spaces seem very lovely though!!:)

Ivy

Lisa 08 Mar 11 at 1:24 pm

These are all gorgeous but they look pretty big!

Seminar tables 08 Mar 11 at 2:50 pm

These barely look like office spaces at all! (And that’s a good thing.) I agree with Lisa however, these look like big spaces, especially if you clear most of the decorations.

Redditch tyres 08 Mar 11 at 8:54 pm

My home office means a lot to me as i spend almost my whole day there.It’s a big part of my life and decors are personalize simple but really nice for a small space.

Elisa 09 Mar 11 at 1:08 pm

Everything looks simply wonderful!
Nice to meet your blog:)
Greetings from Argentina

Carrie leskowitz 09 Mar 11 at 4:29 pm

I often dream of how I would decorate the little place I want in NY. Rough luxe with accents from 1st dibs. Decorators always get ahead of themselves. Good luck!

Catherine Vu 09 Mar 11 at 6:17 pm

office spaces that create an aura of inspiration! wonderful!

Jeff Dominac 10 Mar 11 at 3:01 am

Jonathan’s gallery wall is awesome. All of the above decor are pretty cool and totally adorable

french provincial homewares 10 Mar 11 at 8:27 pm

I very much like the sleek and clean design of the office. It gives you a spacious and organized look. I think the simple is back in trend.

Laura Bielecki of LuxuryInteriors 13 Mar 11 at 7:35 pm

So much inspiration for my home office! I love Bunny William’s work space.

diana 14 Mar 11 at 1:31 am

Absolutely admirable office! To make functional office your blog is quite helpful. I think office should be well decorated and should be neat and clean. All the necessities or documents of an office should be placed properly and accessible to staff. Your design images are nicely taken. My brother is also taking help from these images who renovate his office now a days.

Clara James 21 Mar 11 at 10:50 am

Every thing look very clear and neat. And the thing i got from here is the color combination of walls and furniture. These thing certainly enhance the value of house and the price of the property too.

Rita 30 Mar 11 at 9:31 am

It’s no secret that we love inspirational office spaces and even better when they’re putting our favorite color schemes. All the stuff is looking fabulous.

Chris 01 Oct 12 at 8:45 am

I know it post was written a while back but have you thought about co-offices?

That it where more than one small business occupies the same office space. With the rent prices in NYC as tall as the building I would guess you could save quite a large amount of money per year.