The Prince of Darkness

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 | Category: Celebs, Color, Decorating

It’s not often that you come across a beautifully decorated home, with soft, serene color palettes and cozy, plush furniture and assume it belongs to Ozzy Osbourne who was once known as ”The Prince of Darkness”.  This month, Architectural Digest shows us a softer side of Ozzy which clearly has to be the result of Sharon’s decision making and the work of designer Martyn Lawrence-Bullard.  The Los Angeles home is quite remarkable with it’s eclectic mix of new and old and use of lavender throughout the MBR and sitting area.

The MBR is so soothing with the soft lavenders and de Gournay wallpaper

What a fabulous reading nook in the corner of the MBR

A bathtub fit for a king (of heavy metal)

You can never have too much lavender in one room.  Afterall, it’s the color that suggests refinement, grace, elegance and something special

Photography by: Roger Davies

17 Comments to 'The Prince of Darkness'

Lisa 18 May 11 at 3:06 pm

cool house a little royal though

hallie 18 May 11 at 3:34 pm

Wow! I am really into purple shades right now. gorgeous inspiration!

Gina @ Temporary Nest 18 May 11 at 3:45 pm

Ooooooo im going to have to show this to my boyfriend to prove that real men -even Ozzy- let their ladies decorate the house! Hahaha I love it! So romantic and chic!

H.G. The Countess 18 May 11 at 3:51 pm

So much better than their old gothic house!

Jessie 18 May 11 at 4:06 pm

This home is so elegant and chic! It also feels luxe and inviting! Props to the designer for designing such beautiful interiors.

Jessie

Melissa 18 May 11 at 5:35 pm

OMG!!! I loved so many elements of their last house (minus the dark stuff) and this house is my style to a T!!!! Wish I could afford this designer!

Pretty Pink Tulips 18 May 11 at 9:39 pm

Still can’t quite believe this belongs to Ozzy! How wonderful was it seeing the bedroom and many other amazing AD images in Margaret Russell’s slideshow today?!!!

So wonderful to meet you in person!
xo Elizabeth

Zsa Zsa 18 May 11 at 10:41 pm

Wow, it’s really surprising that Ozzy would go for soft lavender! I agree with Lisa — this is cool (and pretty!) but a little too royal for me. One look and I’m thinking fairytales! :)

design elements 19 May 11 at 9:22 am

classy home! love the bathtub…

interior design california 19 May 11 at 10:43 am

Stunning…I love that they used different shades of lavendar it really makes the space more interesting. Very different from the home they lived in when they were doing their reality show.

Westclox 19 May 11 at 2:16 pm

Wow, that plush purple sofa just took my breath away. Love all the shades of lavender in this MBR. *sigh* now if only my husband could grow to like purple or any variant of it I would try to do something similar in our home.

Feast Your Eyes! Catering and Events 20 May 11 at 10:26 am

Wow – those different shades of purple just blow me away! Very chic and very innovative, thanks for posting this up!

Stacy Naquin 13 Jun 11 at 1:12 am

I’m glad Sharon changed her mind!

Rebecca, it was so nice to meet you in New York for Blogfest…I’m still wading through all my give-aways & finally got a chance to peruse the Inspired Styles book tonight….it’s sooooo fab!

Stacy

shabnam 20 Jun 11 at 5:14 am

The wall color, floor texture, Decoration, Photo frames, I just love every single thing!!! very nice!!!!

bubblegum 01 Jul 11 at 9:25 pm

Wow, this bedroom is so beautiful!! I love the colors, especially the top bedroom pic!

Maude 12 Jul 11 at 8:14 pm

I have to say that the use of lavender really works well here. Sometimes it can go horribly wrong and be tacky, but this is really beautiful.

Maude

beth 31 Aug 11 at 5:52 am

We love your publication. They are always abreast of new trends in design and architecture. You are definitely a reference for us.
The Koket presents a unique collection of fine furniture and is highly influenced by the decorative arts, fashion and decorative techniques!
Be seduced by our collection!